Volunteers from the community are the lifeblood of the Center - they outnumber our paid staff members 10 to 1, putting in an average total of 60,000 hours annually.
The holidays are a particularly busy time for the Center and requires additional volunteers. Our guests are experiencing, some for the first time, a holiday away from family, traditions and stability. Spending time with our guests during this important time of the year is an extremely rewarding experience. Church groups, families and individuals are encouraged to share a moment during this holiday season.
Interested in getting involved at the Center on a regular basis? We have a wide range of volunteer placements and we ask that everyone attend an orientation and training session held here. During that time we'll go over the scope of services we offer, the mechanics of our programs, and the available placements we have.
Wednesday, June 4 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Adult Basic Education
- Monday 1-4 pm - 2 volunteers, 1 workstudy or intern
- Tuesday 1-4 pm – 2 volunteers, 1 workstudy or intern
- Tuesday 5:30-8 pm – 2/3 volunteers, 1 workstudy or intern
- Wednesday 1-4 pm - 2 volunteers, 1 workstudy or intern
- Thursday 1-4 pm - 2 volunteers, 1 workstudy or intern
- Thursday 5:30-8 pm – 2 volunteers , 1 workstudy or intern
Fitness Room Monitor
- We are seeking volunteers to act as a monitor in our fitness room virtually any day. Available times: mornings (5:30 - 11:00 a.m.), afternoons (1:00 – 4:00 p.m.), and evenings (5:30 – 8:00 p.m.). Choose the time(s) you would like to help.
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday (3:00 – 6:00 p.m.) – select day
- Friday (3:00 – 10:00 p.m. or part of it)
- Saturday (2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. or part of it)
- Sunday (9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. – several shifts available)
- Overnight shifts available (9:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.)
- Assistant to help our coaches with paperwork, copying, assisting guests with clothing needs, etc. Intern to assist our coaching supervisor with special needs.
- Someone to help with dorm meetings, and to plan events for our guests (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evenings for the meetings).
Early Childhood Intervention Center (PEDS)
- Thursday 9:00 a.m. to Noon.
Van Driver for donation pick-ups/Driver for Miller Vets
- Flexible hours
- For the veterans: Wednesday evenings (5:00-8:30) and weekends for special events
FOR INFORMATION ON THESE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES, PLEASE CONTACT Dr. Peter Lombardo – email@example.com or 574.282.8700, x8132
- Monday Night Activities (August 13 and 27) – 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. – this will be child care for children (aged birth to 4 yrs.) while their mothers are in meetings – need about 10 volunteers each week.
- Tuesday Night Activities (August 7 and 21, September 4) – 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. – this is another night for child care for some children.
- Beginning August 27, tutors for homework help for school-aged children, 2:45-4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday (choose a day or days).
We ask that volunteers make a commitment to consistency – volunteering at the same time in the same program.
For more information on children’s programming at the CFH, please contact Matt Kitsos – firstname.lastname@example.org or 574.282.8700, x81310.
SPECIAL EVENTS VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
August 2-3, On the River (Colfax and the River)
-Volunteers needed for Teen Night (August 2, 6-11pm) for general tasks and security.
-Volunteers needed for Family Day (August 3, 11-3pm) for general tasks and security.
-Volunteers needed for 21+ Bash (August 3, 3-11pm) for general tasks and security.
*All volunteers can go to www.ontheriverfest.com/volunteer to sign up for time and job availability.
August 24-25, 3 for 3 Triathlon (Michiana YMCA)
-Volunteers needed (August 24, time is TBD) for registration pickup
-Volunteers needed (August 25 7:45/8:30-11:00ish) for water stops, timing assistance, registration, awards and route supervision
-Volunteers will need to pass a background check because kids are involved
For more information on special events programming at the CFH, please contact Emily Sims – email@example.com, 574.282.8700, x 81330.